Heyyyy! It’s mwaaaaa – Ellaaaa!
welcome back my wicked mates! today, it is currently just spring in Australia now so the warmer weather is finally coming for us! *whooo* I think it’s time for a change 😉 🌻🌞
today’s blog post is a very exciting one because I am going to be sharing some funky spring clothes that are ‘in’ right now! you all know that I am a lover of all things retro so get ready for some 90’s denim and lots of stripes! 👑
this post is also a collab with the amazingly relatable BAYANCE! she is posting a school outfits of the week so if you want some more fashion inspo, head over there! she blogs about lifestyle topics and loves to have a few good rambles every now and then! 😉 🧡
+ lets get into today’s post!
~ COLOURS + PATTERNS OF THE SEASON
- cord material : very popular on overalls and pinafores especially!
- checkered/gingham : gingham dresses are very trendy for the season and look amazing with a Sherpa coat!
- red : such a bright and lovely colour for spring – looks great with denim 🤩
- pastels : always stunning and they all look amazing together – reminds me of flowers 💐
- yellow : OH! the colour of the season with no doubt. there isn’t a shop without it! 🌼☀️
- sherpa : a.k.a. pooey jumper 🐑 it’s super cosy and this material is rising in popularity, I love it to bits 😍
- floral : a classic pattern for the spring! you can’t have spring without it! 🌸🌻
- baby pink : this colour has been extremely loved in the winter so it definitely is for the summer! ☁️
- rainbow : yesssss! bring back the 90’s! rainbow stripes are super pretty and all the colours just make a clothing piece POP! 🌈 ✨
~ STYLES OF THE SEASON
- CULOTTES : these flowy pants are just so pretty and stunning. you can also easily dress these up or down 🙂 lots of culottes these days look amazing with the new ‘paper bag style’ which i am digging!
how to wear : style with some vans and a cropped top for a casual look or glam up with some heels and a nice coat
- HEAD SCARVES : head scraves or bandanas have always been one of my favourite accessories but now that they are in it makes them a whole lot better! i have 2 mandala type ones but i am willing to get some more ‘out there’ ones!
how to wear: pair this cute accessorie with a summery tee and denim overalls for a happy look
- LINEN BUTTON UP CROP : as of today, i have learnt that these tops are made of the ‘linen’ material which is new because it has that more quality feel to it. these summery button up patterned crop tops look super amazing with anything and keep you fresh and cool on hot days!
how to wear: match with a pair of your favourite high waisted shorts and cute lil woven sandals
- GRAPHIC TEE : there is nothing more cute and comfy than a good ol’ graphic tee. you can literally chuck one of these on and tuck them into some denim bottoms – boom. you look put together! every girl needs a great little retro tee 😉
how to wear: tuck the most retro tee into a pair of mom jeans or shorts and accessorise to spice up
- GINGHAM DRESS: i’m not the type to wear dresses but this type does get me! i think it looks super cute with layering or just by itself. the thin stripes are really spring-y and the style just looks overall pretty.
how to wear : layer with a longsleeve or short sleeve top and if the weather is a bit chilly, chuck on a big sherpa jacket!
- LINEN TIE UP JUMPSUIT : these jumpsuits are also a new style to the summer /spring. they are super casual and they just look really beachy and comfy. this would also look great with layers too 🙂
how to wear : on hot summery days over the top of bathers or with some sandals and a beach hat
- RAINBOW CAMI : this is an item i personally own and everytime i see it i instantly think of the 90s fashion with all the bright stripes and flared denim jeans. you can wear these cropped cami tops with anything and they look very spiffy 😉
how to wear : wear under denim overalls/pinafore or just plain with some mom jeans. add some cute accessories like fake glasses or some funky socks
- FLORAL OFF THE SHOULDER : off the shoulders are a classic must have in the spring. the weather if perfect for them and they look very cute with a nice jacket too.
how to wear : also style this piece under a denim pinafore or with some summery high wasited shorts. if it comes in a set with matching bottoms then wear that like there is no tomorrow!
- TWO PIECE OUTFITS : having a flowy, bright and stylish two piece set can make choosing an outift really easy and you will look stunning too! these are becoming more popular with many patterns, colours and styles!
how to wear : bottoms on, top on – done! accessorise too with casual converse or with some dressy shoes for fun 🙂
so those were some little Spring + Summer Trends that i am especially loving! there are lots of new retro styles coming back *whoooop* but with a modern twist to them – and i love it!
so, treat yo self for your hard work last month and buy yourself something little – maybe a 90s stripe top or two! 😉
ella x x
a.k.a retro kween 👑